Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Challenge #59: Mist away

Welcome to our very first challenge for 2011.

We are so excited to start to start the blog again and hopefully inspire you all to Scrap Your Crap!
For this month we thought we would ease you back into the swing of things and make use of an element that has been seen on almost everybody's projects this year: MIST or SPRAY PAINT

Many of us crafters have built up an array of mists but I bet we only use a fraction of the colours we have.
So, we want to see you make use of at least THREE different mists/colour sprays.
If you don't have mists/sprays use paint instead.
---*---

Be sure and comment with a link to your *newly created* project so we can see and comment on them. 
---*---
If you link us to an online gallery, make sure that you only use one for which we do not need to register in order to view/comment

Please also consider to switch of word verification on your blogs if you would like our DT to leave comments. If you are worried about Spam you may want to have commen moderation enabled instead

---*---*---*---*---*---

And here are our DT examples to give you an idea on how to make use of those mists

Dana
"I used six colours of mist on this layout, all from the Spring 2011 Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist collection. I sprayed my mist down an empty toilet paper roll to make the circles"


Jenifer


Nitasha
"I used: 5 Studio Calico Mister Hueys, 2 Glimmer Mists, and 2 Shimmerz to create the cover of my Gratitude Journal. I used the mists on different textures such as just spraying randomly on the chipboard cover itself, the heart is made of Tim Holtz grungeboard, I covered the Maya Road chipboard girl with dictionary paper, and the flower is a Pink Paislee mistable."


Renee
Credits: Kids @ Play Kit by Shelby Design Shoppe (Papers/corner scroll)
Wordart by Bethany
Live and Learn Kit Schmooangel Designs (Blue Paint)
Play Kit by De Crow Designs (Paint A- Black)
Derby Kit by Chelle's Creations (Red Paint Splatter)
Christy Haig Creations Template 8 Pack
Font: Raavi
Created in Photoshop Elements 7.0


Martine

“Instead of spraying, I decided to paint with the mists.
I stamped the lighthouse with StazOn on white cardstock then painted it using these: 1 Adirondack Color Wash, 1 Shimmerz Spritz, 1 Glimmer Glaze, and 6 Glimmer Mists.”

Caryn
"for my layout, I used four different paints"


Kate


Regina
"I used the feminine line of Echo Park Victoria Gardens. To conform to the challenge, I used Memories Mists in Mango Lemonade, MR Maya Mists in Charcoal and Tattered Angels in Pineapple. I likewise used Tattered Angel's Glammer Glaze in Mellow Yellow for some shine.  I painted the Dusty Attic with Dabber Paint in Pearl."


Norine
"Here's mine: I used 3 shades of Mr Huey and 2 of Maya Road, - sprayed the title box and removed the letter stickers and then splatted (my new fave technique!) some color spots elsewhere."

Natt
"Who doesn't love using spray mist right ? I use it really simple  - spray for background."

13 comments:

Greta Adams said...

Holy Smokes. This is pure eye candy! Fantastic job ladies

Dana Tatar said...

Fabulous work team! I love that everyone used mist in a different way. I'm inspired to try a few new techniques myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

Vintageandjournals said...

fanatastic layouts ladies!
love the challenge and I hope to play!

Renee said...

Love how everyone had a different take on the challenge! Can't wait to see our blog followers interpretations!

norine said...

Wow! Awesome first reveal!! So much creativity here!! Can't wait to see what our players come up with too!!

Kate Vickers said...

We did a great job, if I do say so myself! I'm loving everyone's layouts!

wendipooh13 said...

way to go!!!! love seeing all the misty takes...

Here is mine to play along:
http://scrappydayinparadise.blogspot.com/2011/11/thankful-for-silliness.html

Jenifer Evans aka jennaroo said...

Lovely LO's ladies, such inspo here! Hope to see some entries soon!

K Clark said...

http://leokc34.blogspot.com/2011/11/funny-face.html

here is my entry :) thanks for the challenge

Georgia Heald said...

WOW These layouts are amazing! I had to play along, here's mine:

http://startingtoscrap.blogspot.com/2011/11/scrap-jack-scrap-crap-november.html

G xox

Vintageandjournals said...

Here is my layout:
http://myhappyscrap.blogspot.com

I used mist on the left,on the tag and on the brown paper..I used a pattern and sprayed it.also the chipboard is misted with some
glossy accent to it.

kate blue said...

great challenge...here's my take on the challenge-thanks for helping me use my stash!

http://kateblue.blogspot.com/2011/11/scrap-your-crap-blog-is-back.html

Roxy said...

I love misting, so it was fun to use it in my December Daily album:
http://roxyrolla.blogspot.com/2011/11/moment-youve-all-been-waiting-for.html
It's hard to see in the photos, but I've misted some of the cardstock, the painted grungeboard, and a doily my mom saved from her dessert! Hope you like!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP