Sunday, January 15, 2012

Challenge #61: Something Old - Something New

Welcome to 2012 - here's to another year of challenges and fun!


We enjoyed looking at your entries for the last challenge and have been inspired by different ways on how to make use of those buttons!

For Challenge No #61 we would like to see you use something OLD and something NEW.

We tend to buy the latest and greatest stuff that is available to adorn our projects but what about the older stash we still have sitting gathering dust?

This month we challenge you to create a project which uses 50% of the oldest stash you have in your possession and 50% of the newest stuff you bought.

---*---
Be sure and comment with a link to your *newly created* project so we can see and comment on them. 
---*---
If you link us to an online gallery, make sure that you only use one for which we do not need to register in order to view/comment
Please also consider to switch of word verification on your blogs if you would like our DT to leave comment. If you are worried about Spam you may want to have commen moderation enabled instead

---*---*---*---*---*---
And here are our DT examples to give you an idea on how to combine the old with the new


Dana
Something old: Basic Grey papers, Magic Mesh, Fibers
Something new: 7 Dots Studio paper


Martine
Something oldpapers (MME Lost & Found Christmas); felt gingerbread man (Favorite Findings); poinsettia (The Girls Paperie); Christmas brad (BoBunny); glitter cut border (Fancy Pants)
Something newgold bling (Forever in Time); alphas (Jenni Bowlin, American Crafts, Forever in Time) oldest (2005!): Christmas postage stamp stickers (Pebbles Inc.); Christmas ornament sticker (for the letter "o") (Jolee's)


Jenifer
Designer Notes: "I found Pink Pailee's NEW Snow Day Collection ephemera a while back in my LSS, but they never purchased the paper to go along with the collection, so I was able to find older papers in my stash to mimic the collection and match the ephemera."


Norine
Something Old: Studio Calico tags, fabric strip, cloud rub on, mists.
Something VERY old: Heidi Swapp alphabet masks, #sticker, SEI epoxy bubbles, "Cute kid" fabric tag and the photos too - 2005!
Something New: Pink Paislee Nantucket die cuts, background paper.

Nat
Something Old:: Crate Paper (Emma's Shoppe)
Something New: Crate Paper (Random)

Nitasha
Something Old: Create My Keepsake Kit -Jan or Feb 2008 kit: Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Design Inc. (Polka-Dot), Fancy Pants (Penguin); Embellishments: Heart Pin and Felt Heart Paperclip.
Something New: Scrapbook Circle Kit- Jan 2012: Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants (heart cu out; Embellishments: My Mind's Eye (felt border and ticket), Doily, Heart Shaped Paperclip; Stickers: Glitz

Kate
"I used a combination of new Authentique papers and embellishments with older Making Memories and K&Company embellishments, Crate Paper (Portrait Collection) and older American Crafts and Sassafras alphabet stickers." 

Regina:
Something Old: DCWV Alphabet Stack,
Something New: Echo Park Victoria Garden,Webster's Pages Western Romance Line Dance. La Blanche Stamp Item 1225, The Girls Paperie Vintage Whimsy, template by Crafter's Workshop.

Caryn
Something Old: Bo Bunny
Something New: Bo Bunny

Renee
Renee created a card and a layout this month to share with us

23 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Awesome work ladies! It's great to see some older products being used in a new way! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynn said...

What a fun challenge! I have alot of old, and alot of new products to play with! Great inspiration from the design team!

Lynn said...

I was just finishing this album when I saw your challenge. It's got old, new and really really old (2003) rub on's in this album...do I have a stash? lol. Here is my link...love your site, the challenge and all the inspiration!
http://scrappyhappymom.blogspot.com/2012/01/et-cetera-mini-album.html

Penny said...

Okay ladies, I have posted my layout here: http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/ it's the layout of my granddaughter Madison's first day of pre-school, you'll have to scroll down a couple of layouts to find it. Anyone who has been scrapping as long as I have will recognize the 'REALLY "old black "ABC" paper. What a blast to finally use some of it, yeah you read right I STILL have some to use! I didn't have anything new to add, so I just added a new technique for me which was the homemade banner. Love Penny

Master of Mayhem said...

Hoping to start on this tonight! We'll see though, my boy is having his first ever sleepover... I'll probably be tearing my hair out before the night's over lol

Karyn :)

Unknown said...

I love everyone's take. Its funny to recognize the old stash seen in this challenge but given a new twist.

Penny said...

Hi Ladies, I'm up with another layout! This one is titled "New Smile" and the new part is that I used a new sketch from the My Mind's Eye site, to create the layout. I love using up my old stuff, thank you guys for the help and the wonderful comments! Love Penny
Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com New Smile

Stacia Brandt said...

I posted my layout here....Along with a few others :)

http://scrapyourcrap.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-61-something-old-something.html

Penny said...

Hi ladies, I uploaded another layout. The paper is old My Mind's Eye, and the title is "New" Smile. Thanks Love Penny
http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-smile-this-is-layout-i-did-for.html

tiffany said...

so fun to use some old and new! heres my take

=)Tiffany
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Sarabeth aka Sarita said...

what great creations from the DT! here is a link to the layout i created:

http://chroniclesofsarita.blogspot.com/2012/01/little-riley-is-finally-getting-his-own.html

my kit & papers are new
the pic & journaling block are old

:)

Sarabeth

Jenny said...

So many great ideas here. I'm so happy to see the challenges back up and running! Here's my layout: What I Miss Most

Penny said...

Hi ladies, It's me again! Sorry, but you have really helped me to get moving on scrapping up my old supplies!
My newest layout with my old supplies is the one titled Baseball. It uses all old supplies, but the star shape is from a new punch, or at least new to me punch! LOL
http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/2012/01/baseball-scrappin-sports-journaling.html

Penny said...

I'm back, what can I say,you gals have just got me moving and for that I THANK YOU! I would also like to take the time to "Thank" each of you for commenting on my layouts. Since I have a brand new blog, I don't have a lot of people helping to keep me motivated. At any rate, here is my newest layout http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/2012/01/when-life-is-hard.html
Everything on here is old except for the photo, which is from this season's football game. Thanks again ladies. Love Penny

Kate said...

Playing along for the first time here...what took me so long to find you?? My project can be found at ippitysimplicity.blogspot.com
Old materials: Last years valentine paper from my stash
New Materials: SU real red ribbon and SU hearts punch.

Kate said...

I hope I am doing this right...it is my first time playing here.

http://ippitysimplicity.blogspot.
com?

Roxy said...

Oooh, this was a good challenge, I loved getting rid of my sequins I've been holding onto for 6+ years! Here's my link: http://roxyrolla.blogspot.com/2012/01/layout-4-do-you-remember.html

SheShe said...

Hi ladies, this is my first time playing along. I hope I am posting my link in the right place:-). You can find my layout and details here
http://sheshe-pieceofme.blogspot.com/2012/01/scrap-your-crap-challenge.html

UlrikaT said...

A great challange! Here is my layout: http://lofoto.blogspot.com/2012/01/vallmoblommor.html

Brenshevia said...

hi ladies i am resubmitting my entry as my last link was corrupt. thanks!

http://sheshes-pieceofme.blogspot.com/2012/01/scrap-your-crap-challenge.html

Penny said...

It's me again ladies! Sorry!
I'm up with these 3 football layouts!
http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/2012/01/pirates-life-for-me.html
http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/2012/01/blog-post_30.html
http://scrap-aholic.blogspot.com/2012/01/football-is-life-this-is-one-of-layouts.html
All were made with my stash, so the paper is pretty old. Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

Penny said...

Hey ladies, I just want you to know that you don't have to comment on all the layouts I post, since I post some many, I just like to think that someone looks at them every now and then . Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

Janet M said...

Fun challenge and usually a super easy one except since I just moved the last thing I need was more scrap things so my newest is from my last kit I got. The old that was the easy part! LOL
http://stellaruby.typepad.com/creating_from_the_shores/2012/02/que-sera-sera.html

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP